Ubuntu 6.06 Documentation Ready to Translate

Mark Shuttleworth mark at canonical.com
Mon Apr 10 19:06:55 UTC 2006

Matthew East wrote:
> At last the official documentation for Ubuntu and Kubuntu 6.06 is ready
> for translation. There is an enormous amount of material for translation
> this time round, so you will have you work cut out translating it all!
>
> The translations are available in Rosetta at the following address:
>
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+source/ubuntu-docs/+translations
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+source/kubuntu-docs/+translations
>
> There are more templates in the former, because some of those guides are
> shared between Ubuntu and Kubuntu. If you translate them in ubuntu-docs,
> they will be translated in kubuntu-docs too.

Matthew, thank you for shepherding the process to this point!

It's very exciting that we have both the documentation, and the
translation tools, to give ourselves a good chance of delivering Dapper
with localised docs for many of the countries where it is likely to be
well-used. Thanks in advance to those of you who are climbing in to help
with the translation!

Mark