Helping your documentation effort.

Richard richard at aztecsa.co.za
Fri Apr 7 15:23:41 UTC 2006

Hi,

My frustration with all things "helpful" regarding Ubuntu is growing
exponentially.

I am an idiot Linux user and as I look around and try to find help on
something the feeling of being an idiot is compounded. Trying to do
anything from the various documentation pages exacerbates the negative
experience.

You see, you are all geeks without the understanding of what it feels
like to be an "average user". eg. Loading Java as per the installed
user's guide. I have just spent a fruitless half hour trying to get the
terminal to say I have found the right directory. No joy, yet you assume
we all know this.

 This is not meant to be or sound negative, just to point out how
hopeless someone without any knowledge of linux feels and truly how
ineffectual  your pages are for the majority of potential users.

With that all said, I have to say I am fully behind the Ubuntu efforts
and hope to make the experience of other newcomers like me, smoother and
happier.

May I help by writing for you from the standpoint of a complete newbie?
No prior knowledge assumed. Or "Ubuntu for Blondes".

You may wonder how it would be possible for me to write on this, but I
have done it before. Trying to learn HTML, CSS and Javascript was
difficult, so I wrote a book using the simplest approach I could work
out. I let a few people use it and they applauded how easy it was for
them to set up a website. I can do this again, but I will need some
help, and I presume that you guys would be happy to supply this.

Hope I haven't taken up too much of your time.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Richard Tyson