Sec: Unclassified Ubuntu FAQ Guide and the Website

Stoffers, Robert LAC Robert.Stoffers at defence.gov.au
Tue Sep 20 23:22:05 UTC 2005

Hi,

Just a few thoughts:

What do people think about having a (non editable, ie not on the wiki) copy of the FAQ Guide publicly accessible from the Ubuntu website? This is mainly to allow people on IRC or mailing lists to give direct links to the various questions/answers contained in the FAQ Guide, unless there is a better way to do it with Yelp that I'm not aware of yet. Yes, this is separate from the preview version on doc.u.c, I'm talking about one that only changes when we manually allow it (so its always working, and should be bug free).

Also I think we should remove pages on the wiki such as FrequentlyAskedQuestions and other pages such as what's under http://www.ubuntulinux.org/support/documentation/faq/ in favour of the Ubuntu FAQ Guide. Any content that relates to the web site itself in the latter group of pages can be put into a new Website FAQ rather then as part of the support documentation.

I'm happy to do the work if the group/web site admins are happy to let me. I will ask that the support FAQ page get pulled down sometime before the release of Breezy, and I will submit a new Website FAQ for review once I am done. A copy of the pages under /faq will be helpful for this too.

Regards,

Robert Stoffers