QuickTour

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 15 15:00:51 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 09:55 -0300, Matthew Thomas wrote:
> On 15 Sep, 2005, at 4:54 AM, Matthew East wrote:
> > Fraid not: Corey hasn't finished this guide yet. Documentation string
> > freeze has passed, so if this document is to be in breezy then we will
> > need to apply for an extension.
>
> What's the point of it being in Breezy? The changes I made to it, at
> least, were assuming that it was a marketing document, intended to be
> put at ubuntu.com for people who haven't downloaded Ubuntu yet. If
> that's not the case, it probably needs a bit of rewriting.

Yes, I did not word that very well. However I still think the same point
applies, even if the document is not to be shipped with Breezy, it
should be on the website for the Breezy release. Marketing documents are
as useful as anything else to have in different languages, as I would
expect that locoteam can use the document as marketing on their
respective websites, ubuntu-pt.org, ubuntu-fr.org etc. So it is still
equally important to get the document into Rosetta for translation ASAP.
I hear from Corey that that should be happening within the next couple
of days :)

Matt