Problems translating faqguide [Fwd: Re: xml2po]

Sean Wheller sean at inwords.co.za
Wed Sep 14 15:15:16 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 17:04, Matthew East wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 16:48 +0200, Sean Wheller wrote:
>
> This is a bit cryptic, but if I understand correctly, you have made
> important changes to the faqguide code which makes it valid xml. If so,
> please merge your changes to the faqguide to branches/breezy so that any
> changes will be included in Breezy and the pot file that I'll upload.

OK will do, but want you to svn up and look at files in trunk/generic/faqguide

To understand the difference use validate.sh in trunk and validate.sh in
branches/breezy on the faqguide.xml

I now used xinclude and new files were added in trunk, some files removed and
copied to faqguide.xml

If you are happy with this, IOQ, test it the HEAD version of faqguide.xml with
the gnome doc utils, see if it works for you. If you see it works and you are
happy, I will merge those patches to the the breezy branch

> As I said, identical strings only show up once in Rosetta. If I am
> misunderstanding the issue, please tell me.

OK, OK, just trust me for once .... please.

> Ok I did "msgmerge -o test pt.po faqguide_new.pot". pt.po was the
> portugese translation downloaded from rosetta, and faqguide_new.pot was
> the pot I made in branches/breezy using xml2po -e.
>
> "test" reveals that a lot of translations have been kept, although there
> are a lot more still to do. So if I did it right, the old translations
> should be merging correctly. Tell me if I did something wrong.

You see there is a reason why we use POT files. Bingo, nice stuff hey!!!

Whahahahhhhhaaaaa feel the power.

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author