Problems translating faqguide [Fwd: Re: xml2po]

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 14 12:08:26 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 14:02 +0200, Claude Paroz wrote:
> Le mercredi 14 septembre 2005 à 12:43 +0100, Matthew East a écrit :
> > Dear all,
> >
> > we have some very serious problems translating the faqguide. I believe
> > that this is caused by the fact that the document is in a number of
> > different files, although a more accurate technical explanation has been
> > provided by danilo of gnome-doc-devel in the below email.
> >
> > To a certain extent, this problem is a little bit too complex for me, so
> > any help or suggestions would really be welcome.
> >
> > A possibility is merging the faqguide back to one file (faqguide.xml),
> > ensuring that it validates properly, and then redoing the .pot file and
> > uploading it. What do people think of this idea?
>
> I have a script that deals with a multiple files DocBook document, but
> it uses the former xml2pot tool (from KDE).
>
> Are you interested to this one ?

Dear Claude,

If we fail to get the faqguide translation working with gnome-doc-utils,
our fallback plan should probably be to use this other utility. However
in this case, it doesn't seem to be a bug with gnome-doc-utils, but
rather a problem caused by the faqguide not being valid xml.

Thanks for your offer, my view would be to try and fix the faqguide
anyway, and then if we have any further problems, to call on you for
your script!!

Thanks again,

Matt