Hello, who's at home?

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Sun Sep 11 16:54:33 UTC 2005

Hi, I'm Duncan

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DuncanLithgow

I've started playing with the very first page I hit...
UserDocumentation. I'm going to start restructuring it to match the
structure of http://ubuntu-doc.ath.cx/gnome/userguide/C/ Ubuntu User Guide

The thing I love about wiki is that it is a meritocracy - those who are
willing to do the most work have the most influence on it's structure
and content.

I tend to work in spurts, and unless my wife and new baby demand more
than expected of me I'd guess this is the start of one such spurt.

I love open source, am a recent (almost) convert to linux. I have been
using Fedora, but I don't see that being the home user friendly OS I
think Linux needs to break into the home user 'market'. I hope to help
change that.

I hate duplication of word. Where Ubuntu works the same as debian or
some other *nix - and good documentation already exists(open license
etc.), we should link to it, not recreate it.

That's me, give me a bit of time to play around before judging me, and
it's be fun working together!

I look forward to meeting you other active in the docs-team.

Duncan Lithgow