Today's Craziness

Sean Wheller sean at inwords.co.za
Fri Sep 9 18:47:29 UTC 2005

On Friday 09 September 2005 20:22, Matthew East wrote:
> As I say, I don't fully understand the problem, but Seb and Jeff Waugh
> explained that when the translations are available, in html, we cannot
> get yelp to load them automatically according to the users locale,
> unless they are in xml. Over to them for more information.

Dive into Python is shipped as HTML.
So let me understand. If somebody was to translated it to French, would that
make a problem for the packing and the loading of it on a FR system?

That sounds borked to me because if that is the case then, seeing that Dive
into Python is not available as XML, that a FR translation could never be
loaded into Yelp.

Not sure if it is Yelp or Skrollkeeper or what, but something is flawed. Am I
the only one? Seb, Jeff perhaps you can help me understand it.
--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author
sean at inwords.co.za