Today's Craziness

Matthew East matthew.east at breathe.com
Fri Sep 9 18:22:42 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 19:29 +0200, Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Friday 09 September 2005 19:16, Matthew East wrote:
> > We are now shipping in xml directly for about-ubuntu and the faqguide,
> > this is because shipping in html breaks translations and a number of the
> > developers pointed this out. I'll leave it to them to explain further,
> > because, quite frankly I don't understand it.
>
> How does this break translations when there are no translations to break, yet?

As I say, I don't fully understand the problem, but Seb and Jeff Waugh
explained that when the translations are available, in html, we cannot
get yelp to load them automatically according to the users locale,
unless they are in xml. Over to them for more information.

P.S. can everyone use reply to list rather than reply to all if
possible? I'm getting two or three copies of emails!

Matt