About Ubuntu and PPC FAQs Suggestions

Daejuan Jacobs daejuan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 20:54:33 UTC 2005

Hi, hopefully this is the correct place to address my concerns, at
least from what I've read it is. :)

On the documents http://ubuntu-doc.ath.cx/gnome/about-ubuntu/C/ as
well as the latest SVN DocBook, you refer to the PowerPC architecture
as iBook & PowerBook computers. These, of course are only Apple brand
computers, and aren't all of Apple computers, nor does it mention IBM
eServer iSeries & pSeries or Pegasos computers.

It would be better to refer to as: PowerPC (Mac/PPC, Pegasos, IBM
POWER computers).

As for the FAQ Guide (PPC). I have some things to add to the "Getting
Started" chapter for burning ISO's in OS X (which a majority of PPC
users will be using). Including Fire Starter FX and Missing Media
Burner, plus using FINK to get cdrecord.

Regards

--
Man Wit Da Plan.