The Ubuntu Marketing forums

Robert Stoffers rstoffers at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 08:11:45 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 18:10 +1000, Robert Stoffers wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 00:26 -0700, Daniel Robitaille wrote:
> > In case you haven't followed this recent story, the Ubuntu marketing
> > lists was created 2-3 weeks ago
> > (http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-marketing/), and after a
> > flurry of initial actitivities, things died down in recent days,
> > mostly with the move of some of the early contributors to their own
> > forum server:  http://www.ubuntupeople.com/file/forums/index.php
> >
> > Of interest to the DocTeam is probably the NewUserLiterature section:
> > http://www.ubuntupeople.com/file/forums/viewforum.php?f=7
> >
> > where they started talking about how to create good documention for
> > new users, and collaboration with the ubuntuguide.org crowd to bring
> > user friendly docs to new users.
> >

> > --
> > Daniel Robitaille

Daniel,

Yes, but when it comes to docs that's our domain, they should just stick
to marketing and marketing docs (eg quick tour). I think they are
stepping on our toes with this one, ubuntuguide.org has already been
covered officially by the docteam in the form of the FAQ Guide and
should remain that way. Some of their proposals on the ubuntupeople.com
forum are just silly, and I doubt anyone will see most of them through
(as you have pointed out in the fact activity has ready died somewhat
since it started).

--
Robert Stoffers
Author/Maintainer - Ubuntu FAQ Guide