Sec: Unclassified RE: Announcing Documentation Web Sites

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sun Oct 23 10:28:48 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-23 at 13:40 +0800, Jerome Gotangco wrote:
> > Shall we move all of our documentation to that instead the current
> > wiki? I think we should.
>
> I don't think we should. As much as possible wiki fragmentation
> especially with ubuntu-specific doc is undesirable. Although if we
> have our own wiki, we can have the flexibility of user-specific ACLs
> and custom moin scripts.

My vote on this is also "no way". The documentation on the wiki is for
contribution by USERS, and hiving that off would be a total shame.

However, this does not stop us making static versions of good wiki pages
that have become stable over time.

Also, the wiki will enable us to have a more dynamic and accessible
website.

Matt