Sec: Unclassified RE: Announcing Documentation Web Sites

Stoffers, Robert LAC Robert.Stoffers at defence.gov.au
Fri Oct 21 20:37:04 UTC 2005

I think we need a tab on the top of the main Ubuntu site for help.u.c!

--
Robert Stoffers
Author/Maintainer - Ubuntu FAQ Guide
Email - rstoffers at gmail.com

The Ubuntu Documentation Team is proud to announce two websites which we
hope will become the starting point for users learning how to use
Ubuntu.

= http://help.ubuntu.com =

This website will host the stable documentation released with Ubuntu. It
includes the comprehensive Ubuntu Starter Guide, the About Ubuntu
document and the Ubuntu Quick Tour, as well as some other documents.

Shortly we hope to add some Kubuntu documentation, translations, and
other guides pulled from the Ubuntu wiki which we consider to be stable
and reliable documents.

= http://doc.ubuntu.com =

This website is our home base. It will detail how to get involved in the
docteam, link to our important wiki pages, and most importantly, host
previews of our work in progress. There are no previews there yet, as
work for dapper has not yet begun in earnest, but there will be!

We hope that these pages will be a welcome addition to your bookmarks!!

thanks,

the Doc Team!

mdke at ubuntu.com