Sec: Unclassified RE: proposal for our repository structure post-breezy

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at iserv.net
Wed Oct 19 01:17:40 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Wheller [mailto:sean at inwords.co.za]
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 12:57 PM
To: ubuntu-doc at lists.ubuntu.com; jjesse at iserv.net
Cc: jriddell at ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: Sec: Unclassified RE: proposal for our repository structure
post-breezy

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 18:32, Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> I would strongly be against forking the kubuntu docs off of how we have
> them currently working. Riddell and I spent some time getting things
> cleaned up and working correctly for the docs release of Breezy, the
> about-kubuntu and also kreleasenotes.  I am already working w/ him on
> getting docs organized and straightened out for DapperDrake, please see
> wiki.ubuntu.com/kubuntudocs which is part of a BoF for UbuntuBelowZero
> (wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBelowZero).
>
> Currently the docs in /branches/breezy/kde/ are the ones that are gettinng
> packaged and setup.  Riddell has worked on getting the makefiles to build
> correctly and to get things setup.
>
> The goal for DapperDrake currently is to have the About Kubuntu Guide and
> Kubuntu Release notes updated for the release, the FAQGuide
changed/updated
> and finish the userguide.  The work for these is currently in /trunk/kde
> and will be worked on there until we are ready for branches/dapper.
>
> Feel free to Riddell and I as we are already started on planning Dapper
> Drake docs.

Great I am glad you and Riddle finally did work on it. Although it was ready
for build and packing long before that with the predeb.sh.

It was not ready to build and package using the predeb.sh there were issues
that needed to be worked thru and no one was around to help figure out why
Kubuntu-Docs were being built so different then the rest of the docs

Jonathan