proposed string change to ubuntu-docs

Claude Paroz paroz at email.ch
Mon Oct 3 18:22:21 UTC 2005

Le lundi 03 octobre 2005 à 17:16 +0100, Matthew East a écrit :
(...)
> The third option is not normally one I would propose, but in this case,
> there is a consideration which might interest you: the faqguide, being
> incredibly long, has not been fully translated in many languages [1].
> Most languages are still struggling through the translation. For this
> reason I had it in my mind anyway to apply for an update for ubuntu-docs
> which would include revised translations, in a similar way to which the
> language-packs are updated. However, that may be a more major discussion
> to postpone for another day.

I can only stress this point as much as I can, because I think that
ubuntu-docs (FAQguide and About Ubuntu) should *absolutely* be
translated in Breezy release.
They are very important documents that many users will greatly
appreciate in their language (if available in Rosetta, of course).
Moreover and technically speaking, I think that translated docs cannot
do any harm to the stability of the system, and so freeze time may not
be crucial in this context.

I myself invested much time in translating the French version, and would
be pleased if this could be possible.

Thanks.

Claude