Desktop Guide/Getting Started

Kevin Cole kjcole at gri.gallaudet.edu
Wed Nov 30 18:54:42 UTC 2005

Matthew East wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 00:14 -0800, Daniel Robitaille wrote:
>
> > in any case,  I'll leave it to native english speakers to decide if
> > ethic is correct or not.  It sounds good to me, but that doesn't
> > mean a lot :)
>
> my vote goes to "ethical".

"Ethical" works... but I keep reaching for something different... Ponder...
ponder... ponder...

  0) Ubuntu is a South African ethical ideology focusing on people's
     allegiances and relations with each other.

  1) Ubuntu is a South African ideology focusing on the ethics of
     people's allegiances and relations with each other.

  2) Ubuntu is a South African ethic focusing on the people's
     allegiances and relations with each other.

  3) Ubuntu is a South African principle focusing on the people's
     allegiances and relations with each other.

I guess mine aren't really any kind of improvement, but may give an
idea or two to someone else.

--
 Kevin Cole                    |  Key ID: 0xE6F332C7
 Gallaudet University          |     WWW: http://gri.gallaudet.edu/~kjcole/

 "Using vi is not a sin. It's a penance." -- St. IGNUcious, Church of Emacs