playing with About Ubuntu

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 24 23:21:15 UTC 2005

The current status of about ubuntu is a bit uncertain, but in any case I
thought it would be fun to make it a bit more presentable. So I have
modified the css a bit to give it the old beige background and fonts
similar to the ubuntu website. I've also changed the icon to use the
smaller one used in hoary, because I think that looks better.

As requested by Mark, I've added a section on GNU. Comments, patches and
hacking welcome.

http://doc.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/about-ubuntu/C/index.html

If we can get it looking good, and to be honest I already think it looks
better than the horror that is in Breezy, I'm tempted to ask to put it
in Breezy as an -update. We will hopefully do a translation update soon
anyhow, and a css update on about-ubuntu shouldn't be a big deal, as
long as it works.

One important thing: can someone please help me with how to remove that
ghastly <hr> at the top. Obviously we could do it by hand, but I'd like
to know how to do it from the xsl stylesheets.

Matt
matthew.east at breathe.com
mdke at ubuntu.com