Proposal to use meinproc for Kubuntu

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 23 11:52:19 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 16:39 +0530, Bhuvaneswaran wrote:
> > I'll look in detail later, but check the Makefile: it uses meinproc
> > already to build the kde docs that go into the distribution. I
>
> Yeah, we've started. We've used meinproc for one or two documents.
> IMO, we must extend it to all other documents as well. If we do so, we
> might require to make few more amendments as described in the
> proposal.

As I understand it after a couple of chats with Riddell, we will extend
the build system to any documents which will be present in kubuntu. At
the moment, this has been done for those documents which were actually
ready for breezy: if some work goes on on other documents, we can do it
for them too. There is not much point doing it for unmaintained
documents that are not getting any work. Let's write the docs first!

> > personally feel it is a shame because it means that several kde libs are
> > required to build the documents, but it seems that we have not a lot of
> > choice about it.
>
> several kde libs ? Can you please be more specific ? IMO, if we
> install kdelibs, kdelibs-bin, kdelibs-data packages we can use
> meinproc. With these packages we may use necessary built-in KDE
> stylesheets too. I guess, i'm not missing any other packages though.

We were already using the built-in KDE stylesheets from kdelibs-data (I
copied them into our tree to avoid the necessity for users to install
that package).

Don't forget, you don't just need those packages, you need their
dependencies too. If you have kubuntu, you'll have them already, but if
we can rely on non-DE specific things, I think we should. That is why
the -web targets do not use meinproc at the moment.

mdke at ubuntu.com