Sec: Unclassified RE: Installguide is no longer going to be generic

Stoffers, Robert LAC Robert.Stoffers at defence.gov.au
Thu Nov 10 23:41:12 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-doc-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-doc-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com]On Behalf Of Jonathan Jesse
Sent: Friday, 11 November 2005 7:00
To: ubuntu-doc at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: Installguide is no longer going to be generic

On Thursday 10 November 2005 15:58, Robert Stoffers wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 10:15 -0800, Corey Burger wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > For dapper, we need three install guides:
> >
> > 1. in generic, a server install guide. This will use the current d-i
> > infrastructure
> > 2. in gnome, an Ubuntu-express install guide
> > 3. in kde, a Kubuntu-express install guide.
> >
> > That is all,
> >
> > Corey
>
> Corey,
>
> Thanks for the reminder, is there a place where we can get more info on
> Ubuntu-express? (is it working in dapper yet?).
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Robert Stoffers
> Author/Maintainer - Ubuntu Starter Guide
> Ubuntu Documentation Team
>
> Email - rstoffers at g mail dot com
>

> Robert,
>
>Are you going to take both the Ubuntu Starter Guide and Kubuntu Guide or ???
>
>Jonathan

Jonathan,

At this stage I plan on working on the Ubuntu Desktop Starter Guide and contribute to the Ubuntu Server Guide. I thought you/someone else was working on the Kubuntu Guide? If not, I'll start work on this too.

Oh, also I'm still in the process of getting the structure of the guide right, using xincludes etc. I should have this finished this weekend sometime, so I can copy it to the Kubuntu one too if you want.

Robert