grammar.xml.diff and international.xml.diff

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 08:22:10 UTC 2005

On 10/11/05, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Ok as promised I tried to apply these patches. The grammer patch applied
> ok (committed!) but the other one (international.xml.diff) failed, and I
> have no idea why, because it looked good to me. The output was:
>
> matt at kalliope:~/ubuntu-docs/trunk/generic/styleguide$ patch -p0
> <international.xml.diff
> patching file international.xml
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 22.
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 41.
> Hunk #3 FAILED at 62.
> Hunk #4 FAILED at 70.
> Hunk #5 FAILED at 89.
> 5 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file international.xml.rej

No worries. Both patches were really just an experiment to ensure I
had all the pieces. I'm just reading all the documents now to get a
lay of the land and will submit more tiny patches over the next few
days, as I come across tiny typos etc. (Someone thinks environment is
spelled enviroment, for example.)

Then I'll pick one, contact the organizer and start adding a section or two.

-Eamonn