Unofficial Ubuntu 5.04 Starter Guide (PowerPC) Release

Matt Galvin matt.t.galvin at gmail.com
Tue May 24 19:56:50 UTC 2005

Hi Everyone,

I am proud to announce the immediate availability of the Unofficial
Ubuntu 5.04 Starter Guide (PowerPC) Edition located at:

http://powerpc.ubuntuguide.org/

Following in the little gnome footsteps of the original i386 version
of the guide by Chua Wen Kiat, this edition is just about a mirror
image tweaked for the PowerPC Architecture.

As this is the first release of the guide for the PowerPC Architecture
there will surely be things that need tweaking and additions over
time. If there is something that you would like to see included please
feel free to drop me line. Please keep in mind that the machine I used
for testing is my own person Dual G4 500MHz PowerMac which is about 5
years old, although still running like a champ. I do not have access
to newer hardware at the moment, unless someone is feeling generous
about donating a Mac :). I would be glad to hear of your experiences
with newer hardware and about anything that you would like added to
the guide.

Enough talk, go...

Check it out. Use it. Enjoy it! :)

Thank You,