wiki round tripping (was: Ideas Please)

Sean Wheller sean at inwords.co.za
Sat May 21 07:08:03 UTC 2005

On Friday 20 May 2005 16:45, Jeff Schering wrote:
> Done. I have also added a wiki page to the test wiki. It can be found
> here: http://test.wiki.ubuntu.com/ArticleToMoinDesc
>
> The wiki page was generated from the xml that I put in the teamstuff
> folder in svn.
>
> Feel free to add and modify the docs, either in the original xml or on
> the wiki itself. Now if someone can try to build a moin->docbook
> article transform....

Nice one Jeff!!! Great work. Thanks, you must have spent a real serious amount
of time on doing all this. I think it is great. I think we should test it
here and then make it available to the Docbook community.

The docbook > moin route or any other route is easy because of docbook. You
mention a route in the opposite direction. Sorry to say that the other way is
not so easy. Even Eric Raymond agrees on that. But if somebody want to try
it, they should give it a try.
--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author