Observations in packaged Ubuntu Documentation (Hoary)

matthew.east.ubuntu at breathe.com matthew.east.ubuntu at breathe.com
Mon May 16 14:40:13 UTC 2005

> I'm developing a hierarchy of topics for Ubuntu Help on the wiki
> <https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/LocalHelp>.

these categories look fairly similar to those in the Userguide, which i've
started working on recently. It is intended that a link to the userguide
will appear on the front help page.

To explain further, as i see it the current idea is to write books each of
which has a different sort of user base in mind. That way when a user opens
the local help, he is not just given the categories that you list on that
page, but is given a number of books to choose from, depending on his level
of expertise. The userguide targets a new user to linux. Perhaps you could
have a look at it and maybe we can add some of the categories that appear on
your page which are missing from that document? what do you think?

Matt