Wiki Transition

Matthew east matthew.east.ubuntu at breathe.com
Tue May 10 18:52:45 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Right, first of all, please see this page:
http://udu.wiki.ubuntu.com/WikiTransitionPlan

As we all know, Ubuntu want to move the current wiki to new software,
MoinMoin. Naturally this will have a significant impact on at least some
of our work. In advance of discussing this impact at the meeting, I
hereby start a thread about it.

Of course one of the first things to do is to ensure that all the pages
are compatible. This means that all the pages on the wiki need to be in
Moin or RST, preferably moin, markup when the transition goes ahead. We
are nearly there, see http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/pagesByType. Simon
has helpfully restricted the formats that new pages are allowed to use
to these two markups.

Now the main reason for this email. I may have the possibility of
meeting with Henrik Omma in the next few weeks, who will be running the
transition, and he has expressed an interest in finding out some of the
documentation team viewpoints on the transition and the wiki in general.
I will make a point of trying to collect together some of the very good
points that have been made on this list recently with a view to putting
them to him. Equally, please post thoughts to this thread.

thanks all, and don't hesitate to ask about any clarifications.

Matt