the wiki FrontPage discussion rolls on

Mary Gardiner mary-sounder at puzzling.org
Tue May 3 00:45:45 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005, Matthew East wrote:
> attracted by the idea of a really simple minimalist frontpage, I've
> edited the below page a bit to see if it might be able to provide a good
> access point for the wiki. obviously, some work would need to be done to
> make the second-level pages a bit more user friendly, but in my opinion
> this sort of minimal thing is a good start towards the problems we've
> been discussing on the list about entry access. Views?

Generally nice. I think the description of "User documentation" should
be less generic than "Here you can find documentation to help you with
your Ubuntu system, in English and other languages," if at all possible.
At the very least, a few examples of the kinds of things it contains
could go in the description. Simple is great, but vague should be
avoided where possible :)

However, this can of course be improved after it goes into place.

-Mary