Tag for Hoary

Claude Paroz paroz at email.ch
Wed Mar 30 11:41:42 UTC 2005

Le mercredi 30 mars 2005 à 08:05 +0200, Sean Wheller a écrit :
> On Tuesday 29 March 2005 22:38, Claude Paroz wrote:
(...)

> > But to return to xml and po, there seems to be 2 different packages :
> >
> > poxml : tools for using PO-files to translate DocBook XML files, from
> > KDE SDK (xml2pot, poxml, ...)
> >
> > xml2po from gnome-doc-utils (doesn't seems to be available in Warty).
> > Seb128 had some problems using it to generate back translated xml files.
> >
> > Which tool is better (aside the origin from KDE or Gnome ;-) ) ?
>
> You may find this interesting
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2004-September/msg00106.html

Yes, i read this, but there seems to be some problems with this package
(see the follow-ups...).
I suggest we try the entire process with the 2 utilities to see if we
eventually obtain the same file.
The release-notes.pot file in the SVN has been generated with xml2po
(package gnome-doc-utils) or with xml2pot (package poxml) ?

Claude