Tag for Hoary

Nick Loeve ubuntu at trickie.org
Wed Mar 30 08:17:28 UTC 2005

Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 March 2005 09:30, Nick Loeve wrote:
>
>>I never have time :) But on the other hand i would love to :)
>>
>>I am not 100% sure of what we are wanting (at least for the first step).
>>Here is what i think i need to do (please tell me if i have missed
>>anything or i am wrong):
>>
>>- If a document has not been translated or has no .pot file, we need to
>>be able to add a .pot file according to what is needed for Rosetta. That
>>means one set of .pot file(s) per ubuntu .deb package in the layout
>>required. This is currently in the Makefile for docs shipping with Hoary.
>
> +1
>

>>- When people start generating translated .po files we need a filesystem
>>structure that supports merging/storing .po files etc etc OR does
>>Rosetta handle merging and updates to the .pot file?
>

> We will soon have this file structure. No we will manage the merge and diffs.
> Or translators can have have access to our repos and do it equally well.

Ok cool.

>>- When the .debs get packaged the translated .po documents need to be
>>po2xml'ed so they can be added to the package. Maybe we can automate
>>getting the current version of a translated .po file from Rosetta.
>

> Would be nice. But I don't know how. So I assume some human intervention.

Yeah, there will probably have to be some intervention. I might leave
this for now, but i reckon it can be done. I am assuming Enrico will
know howto do the locale specific packaging.

>>I know that was badly worded, but i sorta want to make any scripts that
>>i create address what we currently need. That was badly worded too!
>

> Clear enough ;-) The issue to to address a simple system for now and then we
> can build on it. If we can get from a po to <filename>-<lang>.xml in the same
> directory as the en file for now it will be good.

Excellent. I will action it very very soon :)

>>On a side note, i cannot create an account on Launchpad, so i haven't
>>really been able to get a look at Rosetta. Anyone else have that
>>problem? How can docteam members get an account on Rosetta?
>

> No idea.

Yeah this has me stumped. Maybe someone from Canonical could answer?

Cheers
trickie (Nick Loeve)