Tag for Hoary

Nick Loeve ubuntu at trickie.org
Wed Mar 30 06:30:03 UTC 2005

Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 March 2005 22:38, Claude Paroz wrote:
>
>>My question was about the next step after xml generation.
>

> :-) One step at a time. If we get this step fixed then the next step will
> work.
>

>>But to return to xml and po, there seems to be 2 different packages :
>>
>>poxml : tools for using PO-files to translate DocBook XML files, from
>>KDE SDK (xml2pot, poxml, ...)
>>
>>xml2po from gnome-doc-utils (doesn't seems to be available in Warty).
>>Seb128 had some problems using it to generate back translated xml files.
>>
>>Which tool is better (aside the origin from KDE or Gnome ;-) ) ?
>

> You may find this interesting
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2004-September/msg00106.html

Argghh! I got mixed up with utilities in each of the different packages.
  I ended up using xml2pot and po2xml from the KDE utilities. I have not
used any tools from the gnome-doc-utils package.

I could not see any probs with the KDE package's utils, but did very
little testing.

What is the outcome for anyone who has tried both packages? Either of
them better than the other?

Cheers
trickie (Nick Loeve)