Rehashing wikis

Matthew East matthew.east at breathe.com
Fri Mar 25 00:54:03 UTC 2005

> > Right I've made a page for people to experiment with possible structures
> > for the wiki. i've started it off with things from this thread and the
> > existing FrontPage.
> >
> > http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/IdeasForNewFrontPageStructure
>
> I've also made a copy of the FrontPage and put it under the above page
> at http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/TestingNewFrontPage. I was thinking
> about maybe changing it according to the ideas that get thrown up on
> this thread and on the IdeasForNewFrontPageStructure page. I've started
> doing that just briefly but it needs feedback.

I'm not sure whether to continue with this. A new FrontPage has been
implemented already and possibly the FrontPage is being dealt with at a
higher level than the docteam. Maybe we should give up with giving a new
structure to the wiki, and working with what we are given. Personally I
think this would be a shame, as my opinion is that the FrontPage is long
and inaccessible, but am of course happy to do so if people think it
would be best. It may be that canonical has an idea for the structure of
the wiki that we are not aware of.

Matt