Post Hoary

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 22:48:09 UTC 2005

More on wikis:

Watchlists are pages that allow you to chose a subsection of the wiki
to watch for changed. Basically a filtered recent changes. Thus, I
don't really care about anything but my wiki project Airports, so only
watch airports.

Rss and email feeds of said watchlists would be great. These dont
exist in WP yet.

As for page parenting, I find it very counter intuitive and rigid.
Wikis allow really easy linking. Categories are far more flexible.
Categories essentially allow a page to have several "parents", the
categories.

ie. A page about soup could be categorized into liquids and food.

As for dev time, I think if the doc team said that that is what we
wanted to do and produced specific things that needed to be done, I
think it would get done.

Corey