2005-03-03 Ubuntu-doc report

Sean Wheller sean at inwords.co.za
Fri Mar 4 19:59:33 UTC 2005

On Thursday 03 March 2005 15:40, Enrico Zini wrote:
> * QuickGuide TODO list
>
> There have been some new features getting into Hoary, which now call for
> their sections on the QuickGuide.  Here's what's still not marked
> "Finished":
>
>   GNOME BitTorrent      Help Wanted
>   Sound Recorder        Help Wanted
>   Add Remove Programs   Help Wanted
>   Palm OS Devices       Help Wanted
>   Screen Resolution     Help Wanted
>   Log out               Awaiting Review  [Sean Wheller's note: please
>                         add a description of what the Hibernate this
>                         computer option does.]

I have added text to the following and changed status to review.

Add Remove Programs   Help Wanted
Palm OS Devices       Help Wanted
Screen Resolution     Help Wanted

I don't have a sound system on my ubuntu lab so can't do Sound Recorder.
Screen capture and text welcomed.

I have never used BitTorrent, so have no idea what I must do when prompted for
a metafile. If somebody could hint me I will take.

Still don't know what the option "Hibernate this computer" is supposed to do
on an box that is not a laptop. I can understand if my ubuntu lab was running
on a lappy.

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author