Small sync with Matt Zimmerman

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Fri Mar 4 14:57:27 UTC 2005

Hello,

Yesterday I've had a small chat with Matt Zimmerman to sync a bit on the
current status of things.  Here's a short summary:

Topics:

 - Yelp or not yelp
 - Freeze date for the documentation
 - Post-Hoary wishes
 - How to keep the docteam notified when some menu or feature changes

Outcomes:

 - Yelp or not yelp

   For Hoary at least, we stick to Yelp.  If there are problems, we can
   ask the developers for help.

 - Freeze date for the documentation

   We should ask this to the translators.
   I sent just now a mail to ubuntu-translators at lists.ubuntu.com, let's
   see what they say.

 - Post-Hoary wishes

   Still haven't thought about it.

 - How to keep the docteam notified when some menu or feature changes

   They cannot do it reliably, as they themselves can't check all new
   features that come in from upstream when a new version comes out.

We also chatted a bit about the current status of the packages: he
suggests to first get the packages into shape and then fix the yelp
issues.

I've just uploaded a new version of the packages, which I think start
qualifying for "being in good shape".  Now it's time to finish the last
bits of the documents and fix the remaining Yelp issues.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>