Screenshots needing updates?

Sean Wheller sean at inwords.co.za
Thu Mar 3 10:23:25 UTC 2005

On Thursday 03 March 2005 12:20, Ari Torhamo wrote:
> I was reading the Quick Guide at
> http://people.ubuntu.com/~mako/docteam/quickguide/ and it came to my
> mind that some of the applications may have changed visually after the
> screen capture was taken of them. I started to go through the captures
> one by one and right a way in the Getting Started section I noticed that
> a reload button has been added to Ubuntu Update Manager afterwards. Do
> you think it would be a good idea to update the screen capture(s) when a
> program has changed visually? If the awnser is yes, what would be the
> best possible moment to search for the changes (as late as possible, but
> still in time)?
>
> Wouldn't it be a good idea in the future to get the developers send the
> screen captures to the doc team when they do late visible changes to the
> program, because it's hard for anybody else to know when these changes
> happen. Or maybe they might inform the team of such changes, so that
> they know to update the screen captures.
>
> Just some ideas, feel free to ingnore them :-)

Ari,

Very good ideas. These are the bits-and-bobs I was talking about when I sent
the call for help.

Best way to get updates from programmers is if they just send email to the
list. I do believe enrico is on this. He will ask the devs to bring GUI
changes and things that impact the docs to the attention of the list via
email. They don't need to do the screen capts etc.

These kind of changes just go with the documentation territory. Please feel
free to create new capts if you see fit.
Info on how to do screencapts can be found at
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/TakingScreenshots

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author