Xhosa translation and documentation freeze

Adi Attar adi at canonical.com
Tue Mar 1 13:21:43 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I am responsible for producing the Xhosa translation for Ubuntu (Xhosa is one
of South Africa's many official languages). We are aiming for a complete
desktop translation of Hoary, which is a rather lofty goal. I think it's
really important for at least some of the documentation to be translated. The
original intention was to translate the quick guide (which at the time was to
be approximately 6000 words).

I have a few questions (please forgive me for not paying closer attention to
this list - I have attempted to follow it):
- Is the quick guide still around this size?
- Would people still recommend this as the piece of documentation to translate
(assuming we had to pick one - our resources are tight)?
- When is the official documentation freeze? (I heard rumours about the 21st
of February but I don't think this happened.)

Thanks in advance,
Adi