Quick Guide Status Report

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Wed Mar 2 04:50:19 UTC 2005

On ti, 2005-03-01 at 21:59 +0200, Sean Wheller wrote:
>On Tuesday 01 March 2005 21:15, Ari Torhamo wrote:
>> I'm not sure what bits-and-bobs are (couldn't find them in my
>> english-finnish dictionary :), but I just started reading the HTML
>> preview and found an error in writing (I will carry on reading - maybe
>> I'll find more). I would be glad to report them but I'm not sure were to
>> do that. Is this list OK?
>
>Hello Ari,
>
>The new version is not yet online. But please do report any problems you may
>find since there is no guarantee that all problems have been fixed in the new
>version. You can also do a checkout of the source and create patches.
>Here is a step by step that will help you get started.
>
>http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/DocteamStepByStepRepository

Hi,

Thanks for the link - it was very helpfull. I've been looking at
documentation wiki pages before, but to large part things there seemed
to go way over my head and I gave up trying to learn them. This page on
the other hand was thorough enough for even me to get started :-) After
two hours of intensive brain work and experimenting I have got one
mypatch.diff file as a result, which I attached to this message :-) This
patch just corrects one error in writing (I first want to see if this
thing even works and if I'm doing it right).

Is it allright to send possible future patches to this list and should I
send the .diff files as an attachement? Should I include a description
of what I've done into the message, or is it enough just to send the
patch?

Regards,

Ari