New wiki bugs

matthew.east.ubuntu at breathe.com matthew.east.ubuntu at breathe.com
Mon Jun 27 08:16:40 UTC 2005

Henrik Nilsen Omma writes:

> matthew.east.ubuntu at breathe.com wrote:
>
>> I recently renamed the page ItalianStrutturaComunitaIncontro12032005
>> to ItalianStrutturaComunitaIncontro12062005 (changing the date), but
>> for some reason the links (for example in ItalianStrutturaComunita)
>> didn't update themselves. Does anyone have any idea why this happened?
>
> Unfortunately, Moin does not update links to renamed pages
> automatically. There is a request page about it here:
> http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/FeatureRequests/RenamePageUpdatesLinkedPages

That is a shame! Hopefully they will be able to implement something simple
to reduce this problem. In the meantime, given that our previous wiki did
this, in my opinion it is a good idea to add a warning to the "rename page"
dialogue so that people are made aware that in the new wiki, links will
break if pages are renamed.

Another bug: the login page does not contain a link to make an account,
although the first paragraph of that page describes how to register. The
boxes referred to by that paragraph do not exist.