Web sites for docteam

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at gotadsl.co.uk
Fri Jun 24 13:54:01 UTC 2005

Sean Wheller wrote:

>On Thursday 02 June 2005 15:39, Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
>

>>Right, I'll speak with James about what the is best way of implementing
>>this. I think help.ubuntu.com should be integrated with the main site,
>>so that there is no doubt that is is official Ubuntu documentation
>>

>Hello Henrik, is there any news on this item?

Right, we've had some discussions on this now. I've requested a Moin
instance set up at test.help.ubuntu.com so we can try things out and get
them working before moving over to 'help.ubuntu.com'.

I'm still unsure about how I'll integrate the navigation with the main
site though. Help obviously belongs under 'support'. There is a
'Documentation' choice in the menu now, but it has no useful content.
The Plone help center is quite useless for our purposes
(http://www.ubuntulinux.org/support/documentation/helpcenter_view).

One idea is to skip the right-hand navigation stuff on the help.u.c
section, and instead just have a 'return to ubuntu support' link in the
top right corner. It would look much like this page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ but instead of the 'FindPage RecentChanges'
stuff on the right there would be the return link. There would be
nothing on the top-left because it wouldn't be world editable. Anyway,
this is why it needs testing.

- Henrik