Q: Application documentation in Ubuntu docs

Sean Wheller sean at inwords.co.za
Thu Jun 23 14:26:15 UTC 2005

On Thursday 23 June 2005 13:57, Nico Veenkamp wrote:
> I installed svn yesterday and got hold of the ubuntu-doc trunk. Looking
> into the quick guide for instance I saw that the text for the Archive
> manager was quite small. So I think I could add text to it to specifiy the
> various archive s it can manage and what the requirements for that are.

Hello Nico,

The Quick Guide and the KQuick Guide purposely use short descriptions,
however, in some places it is very short. In the case you mention it would be
great if you added the formats information. Just keep it short.

> I want to make extensive use of the archive manager documention without
> really copying it. My question is in how far this is accepted for
> ubuntu-doc to use content that is already in the documentation for Archive
> manager as long as it is not copy-past?

Where possible write it yourself, small copy and paste is find but not total
and verbatim copy. The main reason is the licensing.

Hope this helps.

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author