Assigning Projects

matthew.east.ubuntu at breathe.com matthew.east.ubuntu at breathe.com
Mon Jun 20 19:02:15 UTC 2005

 From the last meeting summary:

* Each project to be assigned a docteam member who will be responsible for
its maintenance. Projects without such a person not to be considered.
* Team should stay in regular contact with those "project owners" to monitor
how things are going. Group leaders should post updates on the
DocteamProjects page regularly as to the status of their project(s).

The following projects are listed on our pages:

Generic:
* FAQ Guide
* Install Guide
* Style Guide (this isn't listed on the wiki page but should be - perhaps
Jeff Schering will continue to take charge of this project?)

Gnome:
* Quickguide
* UserGuide
* AboutUbuntu
* ReleaseNotes

KDE:
* Quickguide
* UserGuide
* AboutKubuntu
* ReleaseNotes
* Kynaptic User Manual

I have added a column for this purpose in
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocteamProjects. Perhaps people can volunteer to take
charge of documents. I do not know if these people should be docteam members
already (i.e. have commit access to svn), perhaps this is something that can
be discussed on list or at the next docteam meeting.

On top of those projects, it occurs to me that another documentation team
project is the transfer of documentation from the wiki to svn, using the
procedure that we have planned together with Henrik. What do people think
about this?

Matt