ubuntu-doc licensing (was Re: Future direction of Ubuntu Documentation/Meeting times)

Sean Wheller sean at inwords.co.za
Sat Jul 30 15:51:23 UTC 2005

On Saturday 30 July 2005 12:09, Matthew East wrote:
> One thing that has always bothered me about our docs is the listing of
> the authors at the top: I find this unnecessary and also (in the case of
> docs with more than a couple of authors) really unpleasant to look at
> (e.g. the ubuntu userguide). I believe a simple Ubuntu Documentation
> Project would do the trick. This is after all a community effort. The
> simple fact is that the users (who are the target of the documentation)
> really don't want to know the individuals, they want to access the
> documentation. If half the first page is taken up by names, they'll get
> put off.

 A few people, including myself, have mentioned this in the past. It was
considered acceptable to have "Members of the Ubuntu Documentation Project"
and to move the list of authors into an Acknowledgement section.

As far as I remember, this was acceptable in terms of the license. Therefore,
there would be no need to change or modify licenses.
--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author
sean at inwords.co.za