Future direction of Ubuntu Documentation/Meeting times

Sean Wheller sean at inwords.co.za
Sat Jul 30 06:09:42 UTC 2005

On Friday 29 July 2005 21:11, Corey Burger wrote:
> Now, the world is not going to end if our help mainpage doesn't
> improve and I am not going to leave the docteam.

Corey, everyone agrees that the front page must change. the question is, "To
what?"

Matthew (PT) and yourself have a vision, but it is not shared by all. Others
would like to be given the opportunity to contribute but feel they are not
being allowed.

> I think all agree that the current main page needs improvement, we
> just need to find a common ground. This can be found, it will just
> take work. So instead of flaming, lets get to work.

Can you move this project into SVN so that those who are interested may
contribute easily?

> Matt Galvin, now is the time we need to discuss this. We still have
> time before our writing freeze.

Looks like we have to dicuss it, when we should be writing text.

On Friday 29 July 2005 20:49, Matt Galvin wrote:
> > On 7/29/05, Sean Wheller <sean at inwords.co.za> wrote:
> > > On Friday 29 July 2005 05:15, Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> > >
> > > I would give a +1 to your idea on getting a central page to
> > > display the rest of the documents.
> >
> > yes I agree +1
>
> +1

So with Rob that makes 4. The propsal is:

On Friday 29 July 2005 03:07, Robert Stoffers wrote:
> Whats the easy solution to all this? My idea was to simply have a page
> listing our documents, with a quick one/two liner on what each document
> was about underneath, eg:

Ubuntu Release Notes
 Take a look at what's new, what's improved in this release of Ubuntu.

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author
sean at inwords.co.za