Future direction of Ubuntu Documentation/Meeting times

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 19:11:49 UTC 2005

Hello All,

I haven't yet responded to this as I watched this thread spiral out of
control. I will give credit where credit is due, to Rob and Matt East
for sane voices in the bedlam. Even though Rob disagreed with the
idea, he presented it very well.

I thought we were making good progress. Rob and I had a disagreement,
which lead to me working on CommonProblems. This led to Mpt and I
working together on something, totally unofficially. We decided to
take it to a meeting. We discussed it with Rob and generated some
ideas. Rob and I had some good dialogue here. Those of us at the
meeting decided that it would not be fair to make any decisions, with
both Matthews (we have too many Matts in our doc team. Some of you are
just going to have to change your name), Sean not there and Jerome
having internet issues. I thus asked Rob to bring some of what we
talked about to the list, and he did.

Now, the world is not going to end if our help mainpage doesn't
improve and I am not going to leave the docteam.

I think all agree that the current main page needs improvement, we
just need to find a common ground. This can be found, it will just
take work. So instead of flaming, lets get to work.

Sean, your reaction was total out of line. There is no Kubuntu vs.
Ubuntu. Please don't go down that path.

Matt Galvin, now is the time we need to discuss this. We still have
time before our writing freeze.

Cheers,

Corey (a little shocked at the tone here)