Future direction of Ubuntu Documentation/Meeting times

Matt Galvin matt.t.galvin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 18:47:23 UTC 2005

On 7/29/05, Sean Wheller <sean at inwords.co.za> wrote:
> On Friday 29 July 2005 05:26, George Deka wrote:
> > I realise that the debian accepting our docs is a big issue.
> >  In terms of licences, we have been through this before, but i too would
> > like to see a change. Maybe using the GFDL like this
> >
> >  Permission is granted to copy, distribute, and/or modify this document
> > under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any
> > later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant
> > Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the
> > license is available at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html.
> >
> >  Which i think would be acceptable to debian, fedora doc-team use this
> > licence as does diveintopython.
>
> This is not a decision for now. Focus on writing the documents, please.

I don't think I really have much to add that has not already been
said. I will only say that at this stage in the release cycle(and
being that these decisions were already made a while ago) we should be
focusing our energy on writing what we said we would write and having
this content ready for the breezy release.

Of course new ideas are always welcome but maybe some(the bigger ones
especially) of these new ideas should possibly go on to some sort of a
"docs breezy+1 wish list" so that we can complete out work now and
still be able to keep track of things we would all like to do that (at
this stage) should really be pushed to breezy+1.

Matt