docteam.ubuntu.com server ready

Jeff Schering jeffschering at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 04:18:48 UTC 2005

On 7/21/05, Matthew East <matthew.east.ubuntu at breathe.com> wrote:

> Oh, and does anyone know how to fix the css on the gnome/ build
> documents? it's _really_ hard to click the links :)

I experimented a bit, and could not find the reason. The gnome css
file (default.css) is almost an exact copy of the kde file
(kde-default.css), except that it implements italics and a couple of
other little things. In my experiments I replaced default.css with
kde-default.css, and found the same issues as with default.css.

The kde builds use  /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/common/kde-default.css.
If your browser can't find kde-default.css on your system or simply
does not use it then you will have the browser defaults. This may
explain why the clicking issue was not experienced with the kde
builds.

As a solution, I have removed default.css from the custom xslt file
"html-cust.xsl". The gnome builds don't have any customized css now,
and they seem to work ok

You'll notice the change the next time the gnome files are built.

Cheers,
Jeff

--
GPG Key: 1024D/F23C67E8 2005-02-20 Jeff Schering <jeffschering at gmail.com>