Feedback required

Matthew Thomas mpt at myrealbox.com
Thu Jul 21 17:41:31 UTC 2005

Em 21 Jul, 2005, às 6:13 AM, Corey Burger escreveu:

> I have done some major rewritting on the wiki recently. I would like
> some feedback on a few pages. Basically I am looking to see if the
> writting style is good and the content good.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FileCompression
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DMA
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AcrobatHowTo
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AudioCDCreation

Nice work! Much improved from the previous versions.

All other things being equal, fewer words is better. So be wary of
words like "simply" (if I'm looking on the wiki for instructions, then
to me it *wasn't* simple), "enables you to" ("lets you" works just as
well), and "a number of" (either give the exact number, or just say
"several").

--
Matthew Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/