Faq Guide changes

Rob rstoffers at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 05:31:06 UTC 2005

This patch implements changes to the FAQ Guide that I suggested in
#ubuntu-doc earlier today.

faqguide.xml

+ Increment in revision number to signify big changes in this patch,
from 0.5 to 0.6.
+ Reorganised section "Issuing Commands" to fit in better with new
sections
+ Removed section "Repositories" and replaced with "Synaptic, Apt-Get
and Repositories"
+ Moved "What is a repository and why are they great?" to new section.
+ Edited "What is a repository and why are they great?" to be shorter.
+ Added question "What is Synaptic/Kynaptic and Apt-get?" to new
section.
+ Added question "How to use Synaptic/Kynaptic to install packages?" to
new section.
+ Edited "How to add extra repositories?" and moved to new section. Now
uses Synaptic to add repositories, kynaptic doesn't have the ability so
profiled to use manual method.
+ Moved "How to backup/restore downloaded repositories cache?" to new
section.
+ Edited "How to install a Menu Editor for GNOME (smeg)?" to use new
Synaptic/Kynaptic way of doing things.

I'm still playing with ways to refer to synaptic when installing apps,
the smeg example is the best way I have come up with so far. Please take
a look, I look forward to your suggestions/comments/rants etc :)

Regards,

Robert Stoffers