KUDOS -- Unofficial Kubuntu FAQ

Rob rstoffers at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 13:38:48 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 09:23 -0400, Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> Spent some time helping out people on #kubntu today and someone kept
> recomending to newbies two things that I'm not quite sure we should be.
>
> The first is a sources list found at http://giannaros.org/sources.list which
> inlcude backports, are we recomending backports and automatically adding
> universe to things?
>
> Secondly anyone get a chance to read the "Unofficial Kubuntu FAQ Guide" posted
> at http://kudos.berlios.de/kf/kf1.html ?   It appears to be loosely copied
> from the "Unofficial Ubuntu FAQ Guide."  If I recall correctly we got this
> copied and added to DocBook.  Is this something we need to get added for KDE?
> Who worked on getting the Ubuntu FAQ guide ported over?

In the official FAQ I have removed backports from the sources.list.
There is no need to use backports anymore apart from installing such
things as livdvdcss2, something we cant recommend people do anyway
(patent/copyright issues). Universe however is in there.

As for the KDE FAQ, it is profiled in the FAQ already, its just that
lots more stuff needs to be added for it to be useful (such as content
from then unofficial KDE FAQ).

Robert Stoffers