[long] Canonical are you serious?

Sean Wheller sean at inwords.co.za
Mon Jan 24 11:41:14 UTC 2005

On Monday 24 January 2005 13:29, Nick Loeve wrote:
> Sean Wheller wrote:
> >On Monday 24 January 2005 09:48, Nick Loeve wrote:
> >

> >>Would it reduce the impact of versions/features in
> >>the future for the doc team's RCS if we use it?
> >>

> >By RCS you mean Revision Control System?
> >

> Yep. Sorry, should have been clearer.

As Matt said, Bazaar is still rough around the edges. This means we will have
problems. On the plus side it means that we will be able to contribute back
to the project in the way of bugs and enhancement. However, this is not our
focus and may detract from documentation. I'm not sure everyone wants to put
up with the problems and act as a tester for Bazaar. With SVN we are mostly
shielded from this as they have been eating their own dog food for sometime
now.

User issue. For SVN you have numerous GUI front-ends. I like the CLI, but I
can expect everyone to use it when really GUI is easier. Many people don't
know some of the basic SVN CLI commands, not sure they will learn the Bazaar
commands.

So these points raise the barrier to entry for people who want to join the
project. The need to learn baz and docbook. Perhaps the Baz Team are
developing a GUI. Anyone?

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author