Ubuntu Release Notes

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sun Jan 16 11:31:57 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 12:53:56PM +0200, Sean Wheller wrote:

> On Sunday 16 January 2005 11:56, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > Feel free to ask for more information where items are unclear.
> Thanks Matt.
> Enrico, I suggest that we add this to the DocTeam Project [0] list.

Done.  And I also created https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/DocteamHoaryGoals
and linked it from DocteamProjects and from DocumentationTeamFAQ.

Nick, if you want you can use the DocteamHoaryGoals as a project page.

> In the spec we need notes on where from we derive the Release Notes

Done.  The deadline is still TBD, though: Matt, what deadline would we
have for that?  Week 29 (Full freeze) or earlier?

> I think we will also need a 'make rn' target (rn = release notes) to build it
> as a standalone (bug 5560). This information will also appear in AboutUbuntu,
> but this will be by inclusion (XInclude).

Oh, that's really cool!

> This said I will incorporate the document into the status/ownership
> build (bug 5345) so people can see it from the DocteamStatus [2].

Oh yes, please go on!

> Did I miss something?

I can't think of anything else.  Thanks a lot!

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>