[Proposal] Owner/Maintainer list (was: [proposal] Split User Guide)

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sun Jan 16 07:27:32 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 08:52:30AM +0200, Sean Wheller wrote:

> > Could you please make a small recap to me?  Anything longer that 3 lines
> > won't be accepted, although a docbook example won't be counted as part
> > of the 3 lines :)
> 1. Each author puts and authorblurb inside the part, chapter, or sectx they
> will do. e.g.
[snip]
> 2. I use XSL to create plain HTML page showing this list.
> 3. This page and xsl is saved in the repos under housekeep/
> 4. The HTML is uploaded to a URL and linked to from the status page.
> 5. We also update https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/DocteamProjects to have
> link to the status page HTML.

This is *wonderful*, as what authors need to do is just step 1, which is
simple enough.  Plus we gain an automatic status page!

> Problem: I can do the code to make this work, but it is worth nothing if:
> 1. Authors don't place authorblurbs

It seems to me it's simple enough that one could even do it.
Now it's also been explained clearly, but in a thread buried down down a
complex thread.  I'll try to make it more popular: at the moment I added
it here:
  http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/DocteamWork
I'll then mention it in the various step by step guides that I'm making
(I'm now working on one about the QuickGuide) and will be linked from
that page.

> 2. We can't find an URL for upload.
> Ideally it should be a cronjob run off the server.

I'm working on this with mako.  At the moment we're stuck in a "mako
uploads tarballs by hand" mode, but we're investigating on getting me an
account in people.canonical.com, since I'm hired part-time.

Once something is uploaded, we can set up a domain alias to point at it
(docteam.ubuntu.com?).

Once I have an account, I can try to automate something.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>